New Jersey Homestead Rebate applications are in the mail | Economy | NewJerseyNewsroom.com -- Your State. Your News.

Thursday
Jul 24th

New Jersey Homestead Rebate applications are in the mail

njseal051309_optNon-senior homeowners making under $75,000 will receive form

Over the next 10 days, 1 million middle-income New Jersey homeowners will soon receive applications for Homestead Rebates, the property tax relief program restored to the 2009-10 state budget last month, the Corzine administration announced Tuesday.

In 2008, about 2 million applications were mailed.

"Despite the most challenging economic period for our nation and state in modern history, we were able to restore this much-needed direct property tax relief for New Jersey's middle-income homeowners," Gov. Jon Corzine said. "All totaled, more than 1.5 million New Jersey senior and non-senior homeowners will receive more than $1.1 billion in rebates this year."

Non-senior homeowners with annual incomes between $50,000 and $75,000 will receive checks averaging about $700, while those with incomes below $50,000 will receive checks averaging $900.

The rebates for non-senior homeowners were restored to the budget through revenue collected from the state's unexpectedly successful tax amnesty program, which generated about $725 million. About $428 million in property tax relief has been restored to the budget due to the amnesty program, with $373 million going to the rebates. The rest of the revenue from the amnesty program will go as to help cover a $4 billion shortfall in the 200809 budget.

Non-senior homeowners with incomes of $75,000 or less who were under 65 years of age and not disabled on Dec. 31, will began to receive their 2008 rebate applications in the mail beginning Tuesday. They will qualify for a 2008 rebate if they owned a home that was their principal residence on October 1 and paid property taxes on that home.

The filing deadline for non-senior or non-disabled homeowners is Sept. 1. Checks for non-senior, non-disabled homeowners are scheduled to be mailed in October.

This is the second of two mailings for the program this year; senior and disabled residents received their applications in May. Those who did not receive an application packet then, but who have filed with the assistance of personnel from the state Department of Treasury's Division of Taxation, may receive a packet in the coming weeks. These homeowners should not apply again if they already filed and received a confirmation number, or if they completed and mailed in a paper application.

Checks for senior and disabled homeowners who filed by the original filing deadline of June 1 are scheduled to be mailed on or about Friday; checks for those who filed after June 1 will be issued as quickly as possible. Those checks are expected to average $1,300 for those with incomes under $100,000.

With very few exceptions, the homeowner rebate applications must be filed by phone or over the Internet. Homeowners are urged to read the instructions and complete the worksheet in the rebate application packet before attempting to file. The homeowner rebate automated telephone filing system and the Internet filing application are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Once they receive their applications, homeowners can file by phone by calling 1-877-658-2972, or online at state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/

For more information about the Homestead Rebate Program homeowners may call the Homestead Rebate Hotline at 1-888-238-1233 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Homestead rebate information is also available on the Division of Taxation's Web site and through the Division's Automated Tax Information System at 1-800-323-4400. Text telephone service for the hearing impaired is provided at 1-800-286-6613 or 609-984-7300.

Homestead rebate applications are scheduled to be delivered to non-senior/non-disabled homeowners by Friday in Cape May, Union, Gloucester, Mercer, Middlesex, Passaic, Morris and Ocean counties. The applications are expected to arrive in Bergen, Burlington, Cumberland, Warren, Camden, Hudson, Hunterdon, Salem, Somerset, Atlantic, Essex, Monmouth and Sussex by Aug. 7.

- TOM HESTER SR., NEWJERSEYNEWSROOM.COM

21 Thursday, 16 September 2010 09:49
Hashim
I tried to contact many times but the only reach is answering machine. It is not enough. How can I get application and who is reponsible person to response me.

Thanks
20 Thursday, 25 February 2010 16:03
DAVID R. AND JOANN BOESCH
SHOULD I HAVE ALREADY RECEIVED AN APPLICATION FOR HOMESTEAD REBATE (HOMEWONER) SENIOR FOR THE TAX YEAR 2009 ?
19 Tuesday, 10 November 2009 12:26
corizine is a tool
Well we are 8 days past the dead line i never got mine....corizine was to buzy wine and dining black voters.... good buy corizine
18 Tuesday, 03 November 2009 14:53
Tax Payer
Does anyone within the state of New Jersey monitor this website? There is foul language and personal information that needs to be removed.

Seniors....DO NOT put your personal information on this website.

Thank you!
17 Thursday, 15 October 2009 11:22
suzy
Where is my rebate application??????
16 Thursday, 15 October 2009 04:44
Frances Cullari
I spent many days and hours trying to contact someone at 1-888-238-1233 and finally reached a person, who checked my status and was suppose to send me a NJ Homestead Rebate application by mail. I'm getting worried because I have not received the form and the deadline is approaching. I tried calling again, but can never reach a person on line. I tried looking at the website to download the form, but that form is not available on the website, which makes no sense. I had to go through all this last year, and just made the deadline. I've been living at the same address since 2002, and file my NJ Income tax form every year. I do not understand why I'm not on the regular list to get my Homestead Rebate the same as my roommate who get's the form every year. My address is: 16 Brookview Lane, Aberdeen, NJ 07747, Can someone respond to this email, and send me the form?
15 Tuesday, 13 October 2009 20:17
Frankie Mafatone
Every ten years I buy Barnegat a brand new Corvett with what I pay in property taxes.Tell me that's not insane?Fuck New Jersey,greedy bastards
14 Saturday, 03 October 2009 18:10
Mary Ellen Martin
We have not received our rebate application in the mail this year and want to know why? And it is now Oct 3rd
13 Friday, 02 October 2009 06:08
mr. and mrs.michael bruno lebru48@aol.com
We have not recieved rebate application, my husband and I make under $75,000. But I know of others that are making more than us and they recieved they're application.
So we are also intitled then to recieve a check.
12 Thursday, 01 October 2009 12:24
susan patikowski
it is now oct 1 and I have not yet recieved a rebate form. I have tried calling several times but the wait times exceed 20 minutes, I have too many kids to be left on hold for 20 minutes.
11 Saturday, 26 September 2009 18:48
Arthur Ferrono
I have not received my homestead rebate application. Can someone please, let me know the status of it? My address is 721 Columbia Ave, Union Beach, NJ, 07735

10 Tuesday, 22 September 2009 19:05
Adella
Today is September 21st and to date I have not received my homestead rebate application. I still live in New Jersey, and still have a home, and still pay taxes. Can you please send me my application? My address is
128 McAdoo Avenue
Jersey City, NJ 07305

Thanks
9 Tuesday, 22 September 2009 18:58
Adella Oliver
Today
8 Monday, 21 September 2009 13:07
Doris
Never rec'd my application. I have been calling your 1-888-238-1233 for the past three weeks and still can't get one person on the phone.
7 Tuesday, 25 August 2009 09:42
Melissa Sweet
1-888-283-1233 does not work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still didnt not recieve my application.
6 Sunday, 23 August 2009 08:02
Tax Payer
Fuck You Governor Corizine!
5 Friday, 14 August 2009 12:53
William Beyers
I have not received my rebate application yet. My address is 6235 Pine St. Mays Landing, NJ 08330 My e-mail is barnbey@comcast.net
4 Thursday, 13 August 2009 20:04
Ernest Nagy-ernienagy@optonline.net
I filed the Homestead Rebate on May 11,2009 for June 1,2009 deadline
I am disabled homeowner. Received confirmation number. I would like to know the status of check.
3 Thursday, 06 August 2009 06:58
Brigitte & Ed
Hubby is 65 & a "Senior" I still have 6 months to go before I'm a Senior..
WHat happens now with the rebate? Will we get the Senior rebate??
2 Wednesday, 05 August 2009 10:44
Diane M. Virgillo
I am a NJ homeowner and to date, have not received my Homestead Rebate application. I understand that the second mailing of the applications took place on July 27, 2009. My accountant told me that I am eligible for the full rebate of $1,250.00, but I am concerned since I have not received my application to date. I am 66 yrs. old and have been in my home since 1997. My home is a manufactured home, and I pay taxes and maintenance fees to my community each month. It clearly states in the description of my community, that taxes are paid with the monthly maintenance fee. I am currently unemployed (lost my job in June of 2008 and unable to gain re-employment). My only source of income is unemployment ($376.00 every two weeks and my social security check of $ 1,118.00 each month). I would think I would be eligible in receiving the Homestead Rebate. I have tried to call the number listed on the internet, but they cannot answer due to the high volume of calls they are receiving. Would appreciate it if you could please advise me on this matter. Thank you in advance for your help.
1 Thursday, 30 July 2009 19:34