N.J. Department of Labor launches Jobs4Jersey.com to connect jobless with employers | Economy | NewJerseyNewsroom.com -- Your State. Your News.

Nov 28th

NJStateSealSite offers information on 575,000 jobs

The state Department of Labor and Workforce Development Tuesday launched “www.Jobs4Jersey.com,” a website that attempts to more quickly link New Jersey’s over 390,000 jobless with potential employers.

Officials describe the site as a virtual one-stop place to bring people searching for work together with the businesses considered at the forefront of New Jersey’s economic development. Officials said employers and job-seekers alike will find the website to be a quick and easy portal to the vast and previously scattered assortment of state and federal data, weblinks and programs designed to assist them both with training, financial assistance and advice.

“As we work to help New Jersey businesses grow, we must at the same time concentrate our efforts on assisting our valuable workforce find meaningful employment opportunities,” Gov. Chris Christie said. “The Department of Labor and Workforce Development’s website can help connect the businesses that are creating these jobs to the New Jerseyans who want them by bringing the same one-stop approach that we’ve used at more than 30 One-Stop Centers throughout the state.”

Designed to be an easy-to-use navigation site, the site is designed to guide people to some of New Jersey’s best online tools for finding work, finding skilled employees and connecting to the many programs established to help businesses and workers.

Some of the features found at www.Jobs4Jersey.com include:

For Job-Seekers: Interactive Job Bank: A resource offering information on over 165,000 jobs inside the state and another 410,000 jobs within a 50 mile radius of New Jersey.

Career Assessment: A government link that guides people in assessing their skills, job interests, educational needs and the likelihood of finding a job in the fields they explore.

Talent Networks: Workforce programs provided through employers and educational institutions that help transition workers from disappearing job sectors into potential careers in such growing areas as life sciences and green industries.

Training: Learn about educational opportunities, financial aid, training grants, apprenticeships and the state's Consumer Report Card to evaluate training providers.

One Stop Career Centers: Information on the location and services available at more than 30 regional Department of Labor offices that offer job-seekers access to computers, phones and copy machines.

For Employers: Interactive job bank: A data bank where businesses may instantaneously post job opportunities and search the resumes posted by job-seekers.

Expert advice: A portal to the state’s Business Representatives who help companies with needs consultation, employee recruitment services, new and incumbent worker training grants, hiring incentives and government navigation.

Grants: Information on Customized Training Grants and Literacy Grants that help companies remain competitive by improving the workplace skills of their existing workers and open the possibility of expanding their operations by training new workers.

Incentive programs: From tax credits to funding through several On-the-Job training programs that give employers financial assistance to expand their staff and ultimately their business operations.

One Stop Career Centers: Learn about how our more than 30 regional offices are not just for job-seekers, but also for business owners who need help building their future.

“We know more than half of the people involved in a job search in our state are surfing the Internet for positions, whether it is from home, at our many One Stop Career Centers or at a local library,” Labor Commissioner Harold J. Wirths said. “This website is a means to more quickly steer them to businesses in need of skilled workers, and hopefully we can get those businesses growing as we put people on a path toward full-time employment and a new career.”

— TOM HESTER SR., NEWJERSEYNEWSROOM.COM

20 Thursday, 13 June 2013 20:30
haddie
I have not been able to sign in after multiple attempts. I have to create an account to continue my UIB!! Although I have had not much success in finding a job, there are any websites available for us to search. Looking at the comments for at this site, it may be better to search outside the box!
19 Monday, 20 May 2013 05:41
Searching for work
Put in my information regarding user name and password but system won't take it. Applied for new password which I recieved but system won't take it? Went to site to try to view similar jobs, but I believe the read outs were as understandable as Mandarin Chinese!
18 Thursday, 07 February 2013 14:44
vincent rodriguez
I tried to log in on the web site today Thursday , 2/7/2013 numerous times without any success. Maybe someone from the website should read all these comments and try to help.
17 Tuesday, 05 February 2013 17:11
S.MARSHALL ROSER III
I GO TO SEE IF I WILL WIN MY S.S.D. CASE IN TWO WEEKS. IF I AM REFUSED I WILL NEED THE ASSISTANCE OF A VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION COUNSELOR.FROM THE DIVISION OF VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION SERVICES. NJ DEPT. OF LABOR AND WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT.
795 WOODLANE ROAD,WESTHAMPTON,NJ 08860 SUITE#201. I WILL MOST DEFINETLY NEED THE HELP OF YOUR SERVICES.I WAS DEALING WITH (TARA A. SKERITT MS ED)THEY HAVE MY RECORDS FROM WHEN WE MEANT LAST TIME. COULD YOU PLEASE GIVE ME A CALL.
THANK YOU.
SINCERELY,

S.MARSHALL ROSER III
16 Monday, 31 December 2012 01:19
sharon smith
I cant find anything , I wish we could go back to filling out applications on site , Im not that great on the computer and I dont use email thats where I get messed up big time so what do I do? the website is not good , thank you
15 Tuesday, 25 December 2012 18:14
Solomon Marshall Roser III
I AM TRYING TO GET IN TOUCH WITH TARA A. SKERRIT MS ED.
VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION COUNSELOR
DIVISION OF VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION SERVICES
NJ DEPT. OF LABOR & WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT, SUITE 201795 WOODLANE RD. WESTAMPTON
NEW JERSEY 08860. I HAVE MANY HEALTH ISSUES I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH HER ABOUT, I HAVE DR.S RECORDS CURRENT ETC...EXPLAINING WHAT I HAVE.MY PHONE # IS (609)781-2064 OR (609)387-2002 MY E-MAIL IS:smroser3@comcast.net THIS IS IN REGARD TO SCHOOL OF SOME SORTS THAT FITS MY DISABILITIES NOT TO WORK AND IN FACT WORK.CAN SHE PLEASE CALL ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. I WOULD LIKE TO ARRANGE A MEETING WITH HER. IF SHE IS NO LONGER THERE COULD YOU SEND ME TO THAT UNIT FOR HELP.
SOLOMON MARSHALL ROSER III
14 Saturday, 20 October 2012 07:54
samuel bruno
site won't let me in been trying for 45 mins now......
13 Tuesday, 16 October 2012 11:40
jack-meuff
phug the state
12 Monday, 05 March 2012 16:14
hard to get in
please i wish its was easier
11 Saturday, 03 March 2012 13:03
Jane Doe
John Q. needs spell check. Maybe he's actually state worker who got fired and is now a victim of his own stupidy. Then again, he could be a manager trying to cover his tracks.

I bet if it were linked to menus at local places to eat, Gov. Christie would have it working really well.
10 Saturday, 03 March 2012 12:57
John Q
Gross ineptness adn typical of stae workers. Know nothing, do nothing adn get padi. Just like your bosses. You are all (ph)ucking idiots. Thank God you are not expected to do anything to contribute to society. Atleast criminals and inmates are effective in their roles. Hey...there's hope for you yet
9 Friday, 20 January 2012 17:59
SusanP.
With all the press about how great the Jobs4Jersey site is and how it's a wonderful service for NJ (read: overtaxed!) residents, you'd think it would work. But it doesn't. It's a massive waste of time and our tax dollars. Kill this waste-of-time site and fire the people who created it. They're not earning their pay (oops...forgot...you can't fire state employees unless they commit a federal crime!).
8 Thursday, 03 November 2011 11:29
Jim B
Have tried several times to log-in and use site. No luck. If you guys are going to launch a new site...please ensure it works, and MAKE IT EASY to access. I have pretty much given up on this and will continue to search other sites..
7 Tuesday, 18 October 2011 13:02
cwitt
I was on the NJ Dept. of Labor site and must say that I found the application fees offensive. People are out of work, struggling to feed their families and meet their obligations and they have the audacity to charge $25 for applications?!? Wow... a reality check is greatly needed!

This jobs4jersey.com link did not work either...
6 Monday, 19 September 2011 09:31
Upset
It was fine the way it was. They used to pull job listings from multiple sources, and now it is a waste. There are way fewer results than before, causing the job search to be much more tedious as now you need to visit multiple sites in order to find an opening. The template is fine, but the old search function and sources should be put back in place.
5 Monday, 29 August 2011 20:22
BIG MIKE
IF YOU CREATE A NEW SYSTEM TAKE CARE OF ALL THE PROBLEMS.
4 Friday, 26 August 2011 16:09
beebeekay
I hve had the same experience with this broken link! Very frustrating...please post links that work!
3 Monday, 22 August 2011 20:53
Phil Stanford
The site have not been tested properly.It need to be relaunch in working condition. Unemployed people donot need another obstacle in there way from gainful employement.
2 Friday, 19 August 2011 11:35
L. A. Kallus
I tried the new website today and found that it does not work. Using simple search words like clerk, accounting, tax, customer, service, and driver - I was always told "No Jobs Found". Under the system in place before Jobs4Jersey.com, I would have found plenty of listings this way. Similarly, searching for jobs that I saw were listed in the Star-Ledger's help wanted ads, Jobs4Jersey.com tells me "No Jobs Found".
The screen does NOT include a way to contact the website with feedback, i.e. a way to notify anyone when there are problems with the website.
would like to seek job can u help ?