Would your child be prepared if an emergency ever arose in your home? A New Jersey 5-year old saved her mother from choking with a 911 call on Tuesday.
Chloe Olsen from Ridgewood reached a 911 dispatcher after mother Kerry was choking on a chip and unable to speak.
According to CBS New York, Chloe heard her mother coughing and dialed 911. She thought the dispatcher on the other end was her father. Chloe told her mother, “Daddy’s on the way.”
There are a number of ways to have your children adequately prepared for tough situations like that, starting with talking to them. If they are playing video games, pull them away and ask them what they would do if an emergency arose in the house. Kidshealth.org reminds us that younger children need to be certain who the emergency workers such as police officers, firefighters, and doctors are in your area.