Foo-foo spa? Oh no, say it ain’t so! The answers my friends are sitting right in your cupboard. Put your seatbelts on, I am about to share with you some of the tips and tricks I have learned over the years. Tips that’ll make your skin glorious and revitalized, while at the same time not shrinking the size of your wallet.
I said put your seatbelt on because I certainly hope you’re sitting for this one. One of the all time best masks in the world will be found at your local supermarket. Or, might I tell you, if you own a cat it’s already right in your own home. Alright, I know, enough buildup; I just had to have a little fun. Since this is definitely kind of crazy and kind of funky.
You know those clay masks that are offered in beautiful spas or the expensive mud masks featured at spas around the world? Well this is simply kitty litter. Yes, I said kitty litter. These beautiful decorative jars contain good ole kitty litter. So, what’s a girl to do? Buy yourself a bag of kitty litter. It is critical however that the bag is marked 100% Natural Clay! The kitty litter must not contain any chemicals, additives or clumping material.
Here’s what you do my friends. After you have purchased your nifty little bag, take a tablespoon of the clay and reconstitute it with a little bit of water. Now instead of spending a great deal of money on a beautiful jar of mud, since you now have this huge bag at your disposal, have a mud party! Detox your whole body baby. It’s winter folks, you need to take extra care of your skin. I’m quite serious, detox your whole body with this glorious mud.
Afraid of kitty litter you say? Don’t be, but if you are, never fear; I have more tips and tricks. In fact here are some of my favorite masks
- Mayonnaise mask: Not low fat silly! Apply whole egg mayonnaise to your face, let it sit for 20 to 3o minutes then rinse with cool water.
- Tomato mask: This is fantastic for oily skin, mash up a ripe tomato, place on face, let sit for 20 minutes and rinse with warm water.
- Banana mask: Mash up a ripe banana, add a little bit of honey, place on face and hair, let sit for 20 to 30 minutes and rinse with warm water (this is one of my favorite masks).
- Honey mask: Right out of the jar, place on your skin, let it dry for at least 20 minutes and rinse with warm water.
- Milk of magnesia mask: Dab on with a cotton ball and let dry for 10 to 15 minutes and rinse with warm water.
Listen guys, don’t leave these glorious tips just to the ladies, don’t you want beautiful skin too? A great many of us make the mistake of treating our skin the same all year round. In the winter months we must pay closer attention to our skin. Of course that always starts with good old H2O. First and foremost hydrate from the inside out. Water, water, water; drink up everybody. Than try one of these masks. I am sure that one of these will become one of your favorites. Oh and don’t be so afraid of the kitty litter; clay is clay is clay. What do you think those cute little jars in the foo-foo spas are full of?
Vicky DeRosa is Founder and CEO of Studio V Health Corp. For more information check out www.studiovhealth.com.