So you’re having a party! No…you’re going to a party! In any event, you have to make appetizers or bring something with you. We all think of appetizers as being so unhealthy and they really don’t have to be. We have received so many requests for healthy appetizers, I thought it might be fun to focus on the topic for a blog.
If you are not the cook, perhaps forward this to the cook in your life. Here’s a good start to healthy appetizers:
- Guacamole and chips.
- Hummus and crudites.
- Bean dip and toast points.
- Salsa and chips.
- Bruschetta on toast points.
- Bean salsa and chips.
- Roast beef with horseradish sauce on toast points.
- Mango salsa and chips
- Mini corn muffins stuffed with turkey.
- Bowl of dark chocolate covered almonds.
- Dark chocolate covered strawberries.
- Cucumber slices with salmon mousse.
- Whole wheat tortellini skewers with Parmesan dip.
- Salmon ball with toast points.
- Topiaries made out of fruit.
- Dark chocolate fondue with fruit.
- Spinach and artichoke dip.
- Shrimp kabobs with homemade cocktail sauce.
- Chicken kabobs with homemade peanut sauce.
- Marinated vegetable kabobs.
I know this seems like a long list, which is exactly the point my friends. Eating healthy does not mean you munch on the crudites all night. It certainly does not mean you throw a party and the one healthy choice is an assortment of raw vegetables with a bowl of hummus next to it. As you can see in the above list there are many healthy options for appetizers and sweets. So you don’t need to go crazy and have a party with just this list of appetizers.
But why not take your list of goodies and interject four or five from the above list. In fact allow me to share with you one of my favorite recipes. I created the following dip simply because people just love dip so darn much.