Ever wonder how and where some of the Housewives Of N.J. are spending their summer? Thinking somewhere exotic? Well think again.
Real Housewife Of N.J. Jacqueline Laurita shared with me that her castmates/in-laws Caroline and Al Manzo rented a 3 story 5br house right on the bay in Lavallette, N.J. where they are all shacked up with 30 friends and family members.
OK, so it's not the Hamptons or one of the Islands, however N.J. Monthly did rank the town as its 8th best place to live in its 2008 rankings of the "Best Places To Live" in New Jersey.
Jacqueline told me that their son Nicholas loves the water, the big boys had XBox wars, did some miniature golfing, and she is the least tan next to Caroline, but the real mystery is 5 Br's and 30 people. Who's bunking up with who? I'm seeing a special cot just for Greg Bennett, because we know he's certainly in there somewhere.
Jacqueline says, ''It's a lot of people, with lots of laughs and lots of cleaning. So many people to entertain, but we are getting it done.”
All of the girls who haven't read it yet are now reading “50 Shades Of Grey.”
- Lauren Manzo sang and performed for everyone Thursday night. It was a big production, where a huge flashlight doubled as a homemade stage-light.
- Their coolers have been filled with BLK Water that are soon to run out, and the panic is setting in. (Can you mix BLK with vodka?)
- Jacqueline went canoeing and jet-skiing with Caroline. ( I'd pay good money to see that!)
- They have spent lots of time late night barbecuing and marshmallow roasting.
- Caroline hasn't had much time to work on her tan, since ''she's been cooking her ass off!''
- Big Al knocked off and prepared on helluva large lobster for dinner.
- The kids went crabbing (not the Danielle Staub kind) right off of their dock. They also caught and released puffer fish.
- Al and Caroline have been getting up early every morning to walk the beach together (Al's quite the romantic).
- They all spent 2 full nights on the Seaside Heights Boardwalk, home of MTV's Jersey Shore, where they won lots of fun prizes, including a huge monkey in dreadlocks and 12 hermit crabs.
Jacqueline said that the jet-skiing was the highlight of her trip. "Al drove, Caroline was in the middle and I was in the back. It was a Caroline sandwich," she said. "We drove around looking at houses, it was pretty and the weather was perfect.”
I know, I know, this is probably all just too much fun for you to handle. Even the Wakile's popped in for a visit with Kathy's flannel wearing (hopefully not her bikini) “little” sister Rosie Pierri in tow.
All in all they vacation just like us, well sort-of. They just have bigger lobsters.