Sci/Tech | Page-148 | NewJerseyNewsroom.com -- Your State. Your News.

newjerseynewsroom.com

Wednesday
Sep 17th
  • Login
  • Create an account
    Registration
    *
    *
    *
    *
    *
    REGISTER_REQUIRED
  • Search
  • Local Business Deals

Sci/Tech

N.J. power outage: JCP&L making progress on electricity

N.J. power outage: JCP&L making progress on electricity
BY BOB HOLT
NEWJERSEYNEWSROOM.COM

Jersey Central Power & Light is offering free water and ice to customers who are still without power from the weekend’s snowstorm. The freak snowstorm knocked the electricity from 356,000 JCP&L customers, and power is still in the process of being restored.

JCP&L said they expect to have power returned to over 95% of its customers in northern New Jersey by the end of the day on Thursday, according to the Wall Street Journal. The other 5 % from New Jersey will see their power restored by midnight Friday.

 

N.J. school closings, delayed openings continue with power outage

N.J. school closings, delayed openings continue with power outage
BY BOB HOLT
NEWJERSEYNEWSROOM.COM

Saturday’s snowstorm has seen some New Jersey residents sending out messages of surrender. Elizabeth Brannin of Morristown spray painted a sign in front of her home rea...

N.J. weather forecast: Clearing skies

N.J. weather forecast: Clearing skies
BY STEVEN DiMARTINO
NEWJERSEYNEWSROOM.COM

An area of low pressure well off the East coast this morning will be the closest a storm will get to the Philadelphia and New York City metropolitan areas the n...

N.J. power outages (UPDATE)

N.J. power outages (UPDATE)
BY BOB HOLT
NEWJERSEYNEWSROOM.COM

By Sunday night, nearly three million households in the mid-Atlantic and New England regions were without power as a freak October snowstorm gave the East a white Hallo...

Weather forecast: Halloween

Weather forecast: Halloween
BY STEVEN DiMARTINO
NEWJERSEYNEWSROOM.COM

High pressure will keep tranquil yet chilly weather conditions over the Philadelphia and New York City metropolitan areas this Halloween, perfect for ghouls and...

Weather forecast: N.J. snow storm could drop 3 to 6 inches

Weather forecast: N.J. snow storm could drop 3 to 6 inches
BY STEVEN DiMARTINO
NEWJERSEYNEWSROOM.COM

High pressure will give the Philadelphia and New York City metropolitan areas a nice break through this evening, but more stormy weather conditions are on the w...

Weather forecast: Snow for parts of N.J. (1-4 inches)

Weather forecast: Snow for parts of N.J. (1-4 inches)
BY STEVEN DiMARTINO
NEWJERSEYNEWSROOM.COM

An active weather pattern is developing for the Philadelphia and New York City metropolitan areas that will bring rain and snow to the region.

For today, a stati...

Unthink looks to beat Facebook with social media honesty

Unthink looks to beat Facebook with social media honesty
BY BOB HOLT
NEWJERSEYNEWSROOM.COM

Some people have said recently that the best way a Facebook subscriber can make money from the social network is to deactivate their account and go to work. A new socia...

Weather forecast: Snow for some of New Jersey

Weather forecast: Snow for some of New Jersey
BY STEVEN DiMARTINO
NEWJERSEYNEWSROOM.COM

An advancing warm front associated with an area of low pressure over the Upper Mid West will produce increasing clouds this morning and scattered showers throug...

Page 148 of 270

Follow/join us

Twitter: njnewsroom Linked In Group: 2483509