Whether you’re in the area or not, there are many ways people can directly help those in their greatest time of need:
To donate funds:
- Visit www.cfbnj.org and click on the “Hurricane Relief” tab on the homepage
- Make a $10 donation by texting FEEDNJ to 80888
- Call (908) 355-3663 ext. 253
- Financial donations have the greatest impact on our ability to help New Jersey recover by allowing us to respond to specific needs.
To donate items:
- If you’re in the area, you can donate food/grocery items, such as meals in a can, canned tuna, peanut butter, canned fruits, canned vegetables, canned soup, shelf-stable milk, cereal, baby food (no glass jars), and diapers to the Community FoodBank locations at 31 Evans Terminal, Hillside, NJ 07205; 6735 Black Horse Pike, Egg Harbor Twp, NJ 08234
- You can donate items at MetLife Stadium between 2:30 – 5:30 pm during this Sunday’s New York Giants game
- Visit www.cfbnj.org for information
The food bank is working closely with New Jersey Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (VOAD), Red Cross and Salvation Army since last week's Hurricane Sandy warnings to prepare for and meet the needs of NJ residents affected by its devastation. CFBNJ is currently providing thousands of meals per day to displaced individuals and families.
Despite being without power for several days, the CBFNJ has sent truckloads of ready-to-eat meals and water to the Office of Emergency Management and shelters in Atlantic, Ocean, Somerset, Passaic, Essex, Middlesex, Hudson, Burlington, Monmouth, Bergen, and Cape May counties. Blankets have been provided to those displaced by flooding in Moonachie and Little Ferry.