PHOTOS: Suspect in shooting death of Hykine Johnson at Newark gas station | State | NewJerseyNewsroom.com -- Your State. Your News.

Saturday
Oct 25th

PHOTOS: Suspect in shooting death of Hykine Johnson at Newark gas station

Authorities in Newark are asking for the public’s help in identifying a murder suspect.

According to a press release from the Essex County Prosecutor’s Office, a man is wanted in connection with the Nov. 9 shooting death of 35-year-old Hykine Johnson of Newark. Johnson was shot at a gas station on the corner of Washington and Court St. in Newark at approximately 7:34 p.m. He was pronounced dead at 8:10 p.m. at University Hospital.

The photos below show a man entering the mini-mart and opening fire on the victim.

Police urge anyone with information to call the Prosecutor’s Office tip hotline at (877) 847-7432.

sunocohomicide111312_opt

sunoco2homicide111312_opt

sunoco3homicide111312_opt

7 Friday, 18 July 2014 14:41
BRIGHTEYZES
You rapped about me, you loved me! You were a true friend to me, always there when I needed you, and I miss you…
RIP HYK
6 Thursday, 25 July 2013 17:29
rip mr johnson
may u rest in peace and they find who killed u.u didnt deserve that.what happened 2ur secret service followin u around everywhere u went2make sure u was on 50?
5 Sunday, 23 June 2013 20:01
Rip hykine
Don't believe he was an informant....he seem like a good man tryna get his life right...he didn't deserve that! RIP HYKINE
4 Saturday, 16 March 2013 22:51
Lashanda Nicole
I Met Hyk In 1998. I Loved That Man Sooo Much That I had To Let Him Go. HYKINE I Will Love U Forever,Gone Never Forgotton.
3 Thursday, 27 December 2012 14:23
WHY MOTHERFUCKERS
WHO GAVE YOU BITCHES THE RIGHT AND THE AUTHORITY TO KILL OUR FRIEND??? I HOPE YOU NEVER GET ANY SLEEP AT NIGHT AND THAT TRADGEDY WILL STRIKE YOUR FAMILY AS IT DID THIS FAMILY..WHO GAVE YOU THE FUCKING RIGHT TO DO THIS TO OUR BROTHER WHO WE ALL LOVED SO MUCH??? WE LOVED HYKINE....YOU BITCHES WILL BE CURSED IN EVERY STEP THAT YOU TAKE IN YOUR LIFE WITH NO MERCY ON YOUR SOULSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I I HATE THE GROUND YOU BREATHE AND WALK ON YOU BITCHES YOUR WORLD WILL FALL APART NOW AS I SPEAK AND IN THE FUTURE CURSE THE GROUND YOU WALK.
2 Thursday, 27 December 2012 12:49
kimel taylor
this picture look like the mayor of newark cory booker or one of his fellow law enforcement officer and him being an informant is a lie don't believe it just wanted to murder him I hate all of yall guts who had something to do with this and hope god curse your kids and your family members and you the suspect in this picture as wellt
1 Saturday, 17 November 2012 23:52
Bloods
Wow crazy hope bloods finds who did this. Rip hykine johnson