Judgment Day: World to end on May 21, according to Doomsday prediction by Harold Camping | Style | NewJerseyNewsroom.com -- Your State. Your News.

Thursday
Jul 10th

earth051411_optBY PAM LOBLEY
NOW THAT’S FUNNY

You may have seen the signs. No, I don’t mean locusts or plagues, I mean actual signs – billboards, placards, etc., on bus kiosks and subway cars through New York that advertise May 21 as the end of the world and Judgment Day.

Robert Fitzpatrick, a 60-year-old Staten Island man, has spent his life savings of $140,000, to put up these signs. He has written and self-published a book “The Doomsday Code”, which details how the Bible is letting us know the world is going to end and why. The book is available on Amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/Doomsday-Code-Robert-Fitzpatrick/dp/1609571215/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1305373334&sr=1-1) for $15.74 new, less for a used copy. It is eligible for Free Super Saver Shipping, however, depending upon when you order, you might not receive the book until May 22.

Which could be OK; because a closer look at his prophecy reveals that the world is not going to come to an immediate end on that day. It will begin to end, with the final breath drawn on October 21, 2011.

As proof of this end, the book details predictions in the Bible of catastrophes such as earthquakes, floods, terrible deeds, etc. In other words, stuff that happens all the time.

A small but devoted band of followers has subscribed to the May 21 date. A major voice in this crowd is Harold Camping, founder of Family Radio Worldwide. He’s that elderly gentlemen who does a TV show in his basement. He sits in a chair, with some 1970s paneling on the wall, holding a big Bible and talking in a low, monotone voice. I keep expecting his wife to shout from upstairs “Harold! Are you still doing that show? I need you to go to the store for me!”

Camping predicted the May 21 date, although he had also predicted a previous end in 1994. I’m pretty sure there were earthquakes, floods and terrible deeds going on at that time, too. Obviously, that end did not occur and Camping acknowledges now that he had a mathematical error. I can hear his wife now, “Harold! Are you still doing that show? I need my calculator back!”

The doomsday believers have outfitted RVs with their message and have been traveling around the country to preach the end. They have spent their savings, sold valuables, and left their houses and families to devote themselves to this belief.

I can see the appeal of this. No worries about paying the mortgage or getting a job, no worries about heart disease or high blood pressure. With ten days left, you’re free to live in the moment. You can let go of your attachments, your worries, your burdens.

25 Friday, 20 May 2011 16:48
Tommi R.
well, this is interesting.
why does everyone try counting all the different combinations of all the different numbers found everywhere? ;D

like somehow they managed to make hitler's name into '666'.
...even tho it's originally 616.

i'm going to ENJOY 22nd.
...just a bit sorry for the people that gave everything up for this.
bunch of idiots, have to say.
24 Thursday, 19 May 2011 23:52
Felix
Yes. If this is true then here's my account so that before the final judgment you may do a charity depositing something to your fellow brother. Us bank acct number 153151752745 under Felix Hurtado.
23 Tuesday, 17 May 2011 16:39
biju pappachen
according to the vision i saw on mar 19th 2011, A mega Tsunami generated by La palma landslide in the canary islands will strike london and countries in the mediterranean after midnight , before sunrise,followed by a strike into the east coast of united states of America.this Tsunami will be very bad for Long Island NY, Martha Vineyard, Nantucket.and Israel.the wave reaches USA at 6.45 am +_ . whatever people talk about is not a global event , its just a local event . Effect will be strong for countries sharing the Atlantic Ocean rim. After this Event , u have to rewrite Noah 's Flood in a new way.I don't know about the date ,for some reason May 21 ,2011 concides with a situation that i saw in the vision, still i am not very sure about that date.After this event there will be a massive flooding of River Mississippi, cannot be compared with what is going on now.
22 Monday, 16 May 2011 01:40
cantwait
How long do we need to listen to this crap for? I am not sure what it takes to believe in this stuff but it is seriously mental. He is even advertising in the UK (how many old ladies gave their life savings for this?).

There is even a off-shoot group here in the UK saying that its not the rapture but instead a great flood http://danthebirdman.me - I really hope that when god comes down and takes the worthy christians he also takes the rest of the religious people with him. Imagine how nice this planet could become?
21 Sunday, 15 May 2011 18:57
Rev. Daniel W. Blair
I am very sad for those who have been following this lie that the rapture will occur on May 21st. Even if they attempt to explain away “No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven nor the Son, but only the Father” (Mark 13:32), they cannot explain away that most every Christian, theologian, scholar, and prophet from the first Century until the Nineteenth Century all believed that the church would go through the Great Tribulation and not escape through some secret rapture that would leave the world paralyzed. I pray that they will take a moment and read my book, “Final Warning” because the hour of is His judgment has come. http://www.revelation-truth.org
20 Sunday, 15 May 2011 16:14
scallywag
Never mind, come next week- the world will be destroyed and gone, or at least it will be for one man who will be putting himself in harm’s way now that he has spent his entire savings on his own crusade. But then again, maybe that’s what the whole campaign is really all about- resurrecting one man’s sense of self before he ultimately leaves the world.

19 Sunday, 15 May 2011 13:45
Danny Haszard
Watchtower Jehovah’s Witnesses have little credibility with their own fairy tale primary doctrine of Jesus ‘invisible’ second coming October 1914

Watchtower society false prophets declare end of world in 1874, 1878, 1881, 1910, 1914, 1918, 1925, 1975, and 1984....

-----
Danny Haszard been there!
See the book "Insights on the Exodus, King David, and Jesus" by Steefen, available on the Kindle and at amazon.com.

There is a much-needed reformation for Christianity. You haven't seen anything on this scale since the Protestant Reformation.

What can this new Christianity be called? PRS Reformed Christianity where PRS means Post-Rosetta Stone Reformed Christianity.

While this is a very important part of the reformation centered around the historical accuracy of the Bible and around the Historical Jesus, the book has more.

Here's one fact you will want to get used to: Mary was not at the crucifixion of her son. The Pieta in Italy is less a wonder for this fact.

Looking forward to the discussions about this great book. There's even something inside it for Muslims.

Also, Christians and Muslims have a new future with this book.

Reformations mean a lot of change and an end to a lot.
17 Sunday, 15 May 2011 11:40
JohnJames
Wow. It's amazing how odd the theologies can be in a poor Protestant country like the USA. Don't get me wrong -- Catholic countries have their own problems. But, it's like here in the USA everybody's an arm-chair theologian. So sad.
16 Sunday, 15 May 2011 01:10
Lucia
SO heres what I think.
The thing is, he also stated that "It is also the day that God stops saving anyone." in a different passage.

Said here: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/staten_island/the_end_of_the_world_6LZXVJP6VeEJjhI9KqQ9HP

If you truly believe in God, then you should know that he would not leave anyone behind like that, he loves everyone equally, even the non believers. Jesus died for us, to show his love for us, to prove that there is God watching over us, to prove to make us believe.
The Bible also saids that no man can predict the exact date and time of the world ending.
God loves us, he would not end the world, and he would not choose certain people based on their beliefs, though I believe that he chooses based on the right and wrong they have done. What about all the new borns? The Children? All the innocents? Harold Camping, the starter of all of this, had said that God will only save 200 Million people (or something of that sort) to go into Heaven. Now can you really put a number limit on how many people deserve to go to have and who can't?
I was scared for my life when I first found out about this, because I didn't know anything about it, all I heard was earthquakes throughout the world, world ending, blahblahblah. But as i looked into it more, and read about how he said that God was the one causing this, I knew there had to be something wrong.

After watching that video, It made me feel slightly better about this whole situation, but I'm still afraid, because earthquakes and floods and what are are of course possible to happen, being as I live in New York, I was even more afraid. But can man really predict the time and day that God decides to end the world? he's telling us all these reasons but not telling us WHY it is happening and the cause of it. So all of a sudden God decided the world should end May 21 2011 at 6pm and open up, killing people, and then saving the rest to live in some sort of hell-like demention? I don't think so.

Quotes from the bible warned by Jesus:

"Beware of the false prophets, which come to you in sheep's, but inwardly they are ravening wolves."

"And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many"

BUT Mostly important he said

"Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heave, but my father only"

Which brings the whole point of what I'm saying, is that NO ONE can play God, and no one could tell us when our final hour is.
Now I've been searching and will continue to on this topic, because truthfully, no one knows our destiny, no one knows what will happen, but do cherish every moment you spend on earth because you will never know when it ends.
To see more videos, I've found that this guy has really had some very good points to how the world is NOT ending.

But take this next week seriously, It could be our last.
I believe that God and Jesus loves us, and will not do this to us, and if anything, he would send everyone to heaven, not chosen 200 Million people.

All I know is, I'm order the biggest pizza ever that day and eating everything I can!
15 Sunday, 15 May 2011 00:14
Renee Jean Christ
My name is Renee Christ ...which means reborn christ and my birthday is may 21. By the way...I have two neices ~ so that makes me the aunti christ! HAHAHAAAA!
14 Saturday, 14 May 2011 22:00
unconvinced
OK so if you believe in unicorns, the ferry godmother and Santa then yes i would say to you that the bible is real. NO the bible is not real. It is real only in a sense that it was created to keep order to the masses. More of a way for churches to make money and prosper and keep everyone in check and fearfull. I don't believe in Myths sorry, If something does happen to the world there will be a scientific explanation for it, not the wrath of some magical bearded dude.
13 Saturday, 14 May 2011 21:26
jtw@ servest
Have you even read the whole bible, if u have, then there is no reson for beliving this harold guy!
12 Saturday, 14 May 2011 20:23
9999nath
Did anyone see the picture of the controversial billboard that was recently put up by another spiritual group near Family Radio’s headquarters? It directly challenges them about May 21. Here is a picture of it:

11 Saturday, 14 May 2011 20:21
JC123
According to the Bible, no man knows the exact date of His coming. Do some thorough Bible study, buddies.
10 Saturday, 14 May 2011 20:11
cjones777
Has anyone remembered that Gods promise was that it will happen in the twinkling of an eye.
9 Saturday, 14 May 2011 17:03
rudy puhalla
There will be no rapture. Those preaching it are false teachers or prophets. Trust in the lord. He will lead all believers through the tribulation whenever it comes
8 Saturday, 14 May 2011 16:35
normal person with a big ol' willy
Its not going to happen. That Harold guy sounds like a kook. The earthquakes might happen, but the end of the world won't. Nobody knows when it will end. It seems like every generation has some wacko telling everyone the world will end in a specific year so that everyone lives in fear, but they never are true which I still wonder why people still beleive it when somebody says something like that. Quit beleiving everything you hear. Grow up.
7 Saturday, 14 May 2011 16:23
frankwest
The whole world is a mess. I think the scoffers are the fools!
6 Saturday, 14 May 2011 14:21
Hairy Jock
I'm going for pizza and beer
fresh Pizza
and old beer
5 Saturday, 14 May 2011 13:10
rcrx
Seek ye the LORD, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought his judgment; seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye shall be hid in the day of the LORD's anger. zephaniah 2 vs 3
4 Saturday, 14 May 2011 09:57
Post above (Chuck)
It's nice to see that you can author 1 single response to May 21st and get enormous mileage out of it. I have a very simple yes or no question for you - for which I already know the answer. I just want you to know that I know. The question is this. Have you read with 100 percent comprehension and researched the literature pertaining to May 21st and sat and absorbed it from cover to cover. The answer is no, therefore your opinion and conclusions are completely invalid. Please pick up "I don't know what I'm talking about" Tshirt.
3 Saturday, 14 May 2011 09:55
Grubal Muruch
Ode to Harold Camping

The madman has decried, “the end of planet earth and all its inhabitants.” He has sorted out the hidden mysteries of old. He has made haste to warn the populace of impending doom and destruction.

He has chosen who will stay and who will go. He sees that which exists not, and creates within, crazed perceptions that run amuck, in a mind filled with delusion and carnal vengeance. He relishes the thoughts of a depraved countryside laid to waste with the corpses of tens of millions, who choose not to partake of his madness.

He traded his once solid doctrines for fanciful imaginings and intellectually absurd ranting. Henceforth he began to serve the enemy of mankind. Now lost in his delusion, unable to distinguish light from darkness, he indoctrinates those who follow him into the netherworld.

His followers, ever mesmerized by his droning inferences and inspired by his pseudo spiritual insight, are trusting in every twisted word. They are willing to follow this man into an eternally darkened place, while denying it exists.

This man and his minions have traded their eternal souls for a set of lies proceeding out of the pit of Hell. They have rejected the true God of the universe and replaced Him with a heretical set of damning doctrines.

They have removed the cross of Christ, calling it a demonstration. They have taken away the “White throne judgment.” They have hidden the eternal judgment and called it “annihilation.”

They have imagined Christ dying before the foundation of the world, having the absence of a mortal body, and being in its heavenly state. They defy logic and cling to their irrational notions, choosing to believe a lie, than to accept the truth.
2 Saturday, 14 May 2011 08:33
thekingreturns
www.familyradio.com
MAY 21 IS JUDGMENT DAY! THE BIBLE GUARANTEES IT THEREFORE IT WILL HAPPEN!
I know that there are many, MANY Christians who believe that a "Rapture" is indeed going to eventually occur, and that at some unknowable date millions of people all over the Earth are going to vanish into thin air, leaving only their clothes and their dentures behind. This sounds nutty enough. All Harold Camping has done is set a date. Does that somehow make him NUTTIER?

Not only is the so-called “Rapture” NOT going to occur on May 21st, it isn’t going to occur EVER. And I can promise you this with absolute 100% certainty. There will be no “Rapture,” no “Second Coming,” no “End Of Days.” There most certainly will continue to be wars, plagues, and natural disasters as there have always been, but there won’t be anything supernatural about them. And most importantly there is no such thing as “prophecy” … except for the self-fulfilling kind.

In a perverse sort of way, I actually WISH that Harold Camping was right! What an interesting day that would be! What would be even more interesting is if the Apocalypse were to occur in a more spectacular fashion, not in the anthropomorphical sense the authors of the "Left Behind" series have portrayed, but as more of a Stephen Spielberg production, with boiling clouds, trumpets, angels descending out of the sky, Moon turned to blood, the whole nine yards. Imagine coming to the realization that it was all coming true, just as the evangelists had been warning for years, and that there was something more awesome than just the cold, hard, physical reality we inhabit. Imagine actually watching people disappear into thin air! Wouldn't THAT be something???

Yet in the final analysis, it's that cold, hard, physical reality that I will content myself with. My life is not so meaningless that I need the fear of a "Rapture" and the "End Times" to make sense of it all ... nor do I need Heaven or Hell to bribe me into behaving decently, thank you very much.

Since the death of Jesus, people in every generation for over 2,000 years and hundreds of generations have wanted to be the one that experiences the end of days. None has. There must be a clue in there somewhere for you.

If you waited at a bus stop for 2,000 years, at what point would you conclude that the bus wasn't coming? Or would you just stand there … FOREVER … because somebody had stuck up a "bus stop" sign?

I really feel sorry for all the poor saps that Harold Camping has tricked into quitting their jobs, selling their possessions, and abandoning their families so they can follow the Rapture Caravan across the country, paying for billboards and warning people of their impending doom. Provided they all haven't committed suicide on May 22nd, I want to read some interviews with them afterwards.