- It was my grandmother who gave me my first camera on my 9th birthday ... 10 years later, I decided to become a professional photojournalist while Majoring in Art and Psychology in College.
- After years of freelancing for the Associated Press and United Press International, I became a staff photographer with New Jersey's largest newspaper, The Star-Ledger, where I worked for two decades, most of those years as a bureau photographer in western NJ.
- In the year 2000, it became mandatory for the photo staff to enter major photo contests, every year.
- "Best of Show " in the very competitive New York Press Photographers Assoc.
- Six — 1st Place awards - NY-PPA - NJ-PPA - NJPA
- Several 2nd and 3rd places in above contests
- Member of the Team, winning the 2005 PULITZER PRIZE Staff Award For Breaking News
- And, most recently, placing in the Top Twenty in WPJA's
- Wedding Photojournalist Assoc. "DETAILS" category
- When a very generous buy-out offer was made to all staffers in February 2006. I decided to leave the newspaper business, and eventually formed STEVE KLAVER PHOTOS LLC, based in Easton, Pennsylvania.
- Capturing moments in time...
- Rock and Ice Climbing...
- Blues Guitar & Piano...
- Mountain Biking...
- Operator: Satellite Tracking Station