Holiday parties are right around the corner. Most of us make appointments for facials, make time to get our hair done and think about our waistlines and how we will look in that dress we have to squeeze into. All that is great but let me give you a tip.
Focus more now than ever on the food that you are eating so that you will look your best for those holiday parties. What’s the tip? Well here you are…
For exactly three days prior to an event avoid the following:
- Caffeine (only if you can)
- Preservatives and additives in foods
Now for these three days eat a diet full of the following foods:
- Wild Alaskan salmon
- Kale and dandelion greens
- Brussels sprouts
- Sweet potatoes
- Raw, unsalted walnuts
- Chia seeds
- Strawberries and blueberries
- Good quality extra virgin olive oil
I guarantee if you follow these instructions for three days, you will be amazed at the results. Your skin will be radiant and beautiful. You will achieve that sought after healthy glow. And, might I add, reduce your waistline; believe it or not. To assist in you pursuit I’ve also added V Well’s Anti-Aging Salad. Eat this as often as you can, it will also assist in that sought after, healthy glow.
The V Well Anti-Aging Salad
(Please note dandelion is extremely healthy but is also bitter. If you do not think you can handle it, omit it completely and increase tomato and cucumber or substitute with Romaine lettuce. We highly suggest eating it once in a while)
- ½ bunch dandelion greens and 2 to 3 kale leaves, washed well and thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 handful of raw walnuts
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ green pepper, sliced (optional)
- ¼ red onion, sliced (optional)
- 5 to 6 strawberries, sliced (optional)
1 cup of Kalamata olives
- ½ cup feta cheese
- Sea salt and ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
In a separate small bowl, place vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper.
Slowly add olive oil and whisk until blended.
Vicky DeRosa is Founder and CEO, Studio V Health Corp. For more information check out www.studiovhealth.com.