From places like Missouri, California and Louisiana, Gov. Chris Christie keeps telling New Jerseyans he is not seeking the Republican presidential nomination but that is not stopping late-night talk-show hosts and comedians from taking shots at the New Jersey’s hefty chief executive.
On Tuesday night, the governor was the subject of David Letterman’s Top 10 list under the topic “Ways the Country Would be Different if Chris Christie was President.”
10. Al-Qaeda taunts America with ‘Yo president’s so fat’ jokes.
9. Goodbye White House vegetable garden.
8. Cabinet now has a Secretary of Cake.
7. New state: Fatassachusetts.
6. Congress does whatever he wants, ‘cause fat guys are, like super-strong when they freak out.
5. Presidential retreat moved from Camp David to Hershey Park.
4. Taxpayers would have to pay for president’s second seat on Air Force One.
3. New National Anthem: The “Chili’s Baby Back Ribs” song.
2. Instead of Iraq, we’d invade IHOP.