Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper. I must write about breakfast today, let me be very specific here folks. Day after day here are the concerns I hear:
• I’m stuck, I can’t lose weight;
• My blood sugar is going crazy;
• I’m eating a bagel or muffin by 10:00 a.m.;
• I have no energy;
• I’m cranky and stressed in the mornings.
Dare I say eat your darn breakfast?! Many people of late have asked what my morning ritual consists of. Here is my own personal morning as far as food and drink is concerned.
• Upon waking, before eating or drinking anything I have a glass of warm water with the juice of one lemon;
• I drink one liter of water;
• I drink one cup of coffee with cinnamon and raw honey;
• Within 30-45 minutes of being awake I eat a large breakfast consisting of one grapefruit, a large bowl of oatmeal boiled in water; topped with chia seeds, apples, bananas, blueberries, walnuts, almonds and real maple syrup or honey and lots of cinnamon;
• If I do not use a lot of cinnamon in my oatmeal I eat a teaspoon of cinnamon, combined with honey every morning.
Due to my crazy schedule I often make a large pot of oatmeal on the weekend and simply store it in the refrigerator so that I may use it throughout the week.
There you have it. Breakfast has been a topic of conversation for many weeks between me and many other folks. Above is my answer to how I approach breakfast. Is my approach the right approach? Well, I am full until lunch time, I have tons and tons of energy, lemon is a great detox for the body and great for the skin, cinnamon is great for the body, chia seeds are fantastic for the heart and skin; oh and the cup of java, don’t ask me to give that up. I just don’t want to, I enjoy coffee and it is only one cup in the morning.
Here’s the nitty gritty folks. Want to ensure good metabolism, maintain healthy blood sugar, have energy throughout the morning; and yes, lose weight? Then you must, I repeat, you must eat breakfast. Give your body a good start to the day. Feed it right first thing in the morning and it will happily take you through the day. Remember, it doesn’t have to be oatmeal, it can be your own version of a healthy breakfast; but please just eat your breakfast.
Vicky DeRosa is Founder and CEO of Studio V Health Corp. For more information check out www.studiovhealth.com.
ALSO BY VICKY DeROSA